Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

***
~Happy Fathers Day~
My hubby has to work on Father's day, so we won't be celebrating.....today. He thinks he will get nothing and it will be a regular day, and he's right.
But Tuesday we will have a wonderful late Father's Day!
Tuesday I am taking him surprise fishing! He loves to fish and we just haven't had much time or great weather for it yet... My sis-in-law is going to watch the kids, and we are going to have a blast! I don't love fishing, but I am so excited to see him have such fun doing something he enjoys. He deserves it :)

My Father is in Iraq with his new family. I'm not sure what customs they have toward something like this, but I hope they give him a wonderful day as well. (I miss my Pops)

What will you and your hubby or father being doing today?

***



munchkinmama


EKCreations


1846housesoaps


braypottery


sunsetturnings


LondonsGate


VersatilElements


SteppingStones

***
What Makes a Dad
God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of a quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need,
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,
He called it ...
Dad
~~Author Unknown.~~

8 comments:

  1. Today is actually my birthday; so it's my day. That and me & the bf don't have any kids...

    Anyway, have fun with the late father's day!
    I'm guessing your husband doesn't read the blog, or else he's going to have to pretend to be surprised on tuesday
    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great features! I love that runny drip cup. Have a lovely Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what a sweet surprise for him - hope you both have a great time on Tuesday! Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi
    I found your blog from blog hopping today :)
    Thought Id say Hi!
    :) Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome gift!! I'm sure he'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, I surprise fishing trip sounds awesome, you guys enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful post!! Our oldest son even remembered to call home in the evening and wish Brad a happy father's day.
    Love the mug!!

    ReplyDelete