Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Featured Etsian Artist~ xbutterfly0318x


***



I really enjoyed taking a stroll through this wonderful shop! Quite a variety of gorgeous jewelry can be found inside: Stones, glass, Lampwork, Pearls (and more)- take a look!


She has amazing and OOAK handmade pieces.


I really enjoy the natural feel that just flows from the stones like Rhodocrosite, amethyst, and quartz!


She also owns a great supply shop, BeadieandThings. Fantastic beads, pendants, stones, pearls, ribbons, tools (and more) can be found inside! I suggest visiting this shop for affordable findings to use on your next creation!

xbutterfly0318x has so many beautiful treasures, I couldn't choose just one favorite. I'm not even sure how I was able to narrow it down to three favorites!
What's YOUR favorite piece?















I started making jewelry at a very young age and mostly leaned towards shinny beads and fishing string. I loved my beads, while my sister loved drawing. In High School, we were obligated to take an art class and so I decided to take jewelry. The professor was one of the best teachers and he taught me how to work with all kinds of metal, epoxy and so many other materials. At that point it became more of a hobby to me then an elective I had to take for school. I loved it so much, that I ended up taking it my 4 years in high school. Then while in college, I could never find the time to fit jewelry in my schedule so one winter break, I decided to take a class at the local art workshop. There, I created my first sterling silver ring…one that I cherish very much. Id like to take another class in the future, if time and money willing.













Everyone always asks’ me…where does your inspiration come from and well, even though it should be the easiest question to answer, for me it’s the hardest. I usually have random ideas pop in my head. Different patterns and colors, sometimes I just open my bead boxes and poof, I have an idea. I’ve never, ever used a sketch pad to create my pieces, as weird as that sounds. I mostly create at night. If I have an idea, I have to get my beads out right away and create. If I’m not around my beads, I just try to keep the idea in my head until I am able to create. Sometimes, my creations happen by accident. For instance, my pendant Pink Serenity was made by mistake. I was trying to make one of my swirly rings and I couldn’t get it right so I ended up making something else with it. I wasn’t completely happy with the outcome, but I happen to have gotten a lot of compliments on that piece. My last giveaway, the majority of the participants picked them one to be their favorite. So of course, that makes me feel happy. I stand by the famous saying “someone’s junk, is someone else’s treasure.” Although I don’t think my jewelry is junk, you get the idea.










I love all my pieces…but recently I have been experimenting with Sterling Silver wire. I never used to make sterling silver rings, pendants, hair pins or hoop earrings, so that has been a new experience for me. I’ve def been enjoying the ring making. I’ve been trying to come up with different styles so that’s been really fun!













Currently I’m working at the after school program at an elementary school. I love the connection I have made with the kids or kiddies the way I like to call them and their parents. I currently changed my major from business administration and marketing to early childhood education, so I’m in the process of getting my teaching degree. The program is almost over, so I’m just trying to look for a summer job but with the economy being the way it is, its been really hard.













I love all things crafty. I love making photo collages for family and friends, as well as scrapbooking. You’ll always find me doing something artsy. Everyone always calls me the art lady! I guess my sister and I take after my dad-he’s a painter & the craftiest person I know. Anything to keep our hands busy!













I would love to learn how to bead weave. I always admire looking at bead weaving jewelry books when I’m out and about in Barnes n’Noble or looking at the beautiful pieces people have made on etsy. It looks like it takes a whole lot of patience and dedication, but it’s on my list of next things to learn. I already bought a few weaving needles, now all I need is a good learning book or a good teacher.












I’m highly obsessed with butterflies, if you couldn’t already tell :0)











10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a great sense of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous jewelry! Absolutely unique and I love the color combos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has a beautiful shop doesn't she?!!
    I've added your give away to both of my blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always have loved Xbutterfly's shop!
    She does amazing work! One of my Fave artists on etsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning! I really love the one with the crazy fishy pendant :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww thank you everyone! You're all so kind :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. xButterfly is a wonderfully talented jewelry artist. The Jan

    ReplyDelete