Wednesday, June 24, 2009

6 pounds down

I've lost 6 pounds this week!
How did I do it?

I have about 20 pounds that I'd like to lost (Baby Weight)...
I started at 146 lbs and am at 139 lbs now.
In just one week.

I weighed 110 pounds when I became pregnant with baby #2 and gained a whopping 40 pounds! Despite my best efforts to not gain weight while pregnant... Who can resist chocolate ice cream and cookie dough?

I'd only lost 4 pounds since she was born. I wasn't able to exercise or even walk because of a complication.. So I even gained a few pounds.
Well, now summer is here and I refuse to get into a bathing suit until I'm sure I won't blind someone!
So I must be proactive.
I stopped drinking everything but water and cut all my portions in half.

A week ago I decided to cut all sugar out of my diet. It was very difficult to do!
A true test to my will.

In that week I lost 6 pounds! I did no extra exercise or anything. It was that simple.
My goal weight is 115-120 lbs, hubby says I was too skinny before.. Only 20 lbs to go!
I find it's easier to lose weight if I don't focus on my ultimate goal, but on small goals instead.
Instead of saying, "I want to lose 20 lbs"- I say, "I want to lose X lbs this week) It's quicker to reach that small goal and more satisfying.

When I put my mind to it I can lose weight really quickly. Up to 5 pounds a week.

Of course, it goes faster in the beginning... And I do use pills a lot. So this may not be the best thing for everyone. But it works for me.

With baby #2, I gained 50 pounds during my pregnancy. I lost it all in about 4 months or so.
During that time I ate small healthy portions, used Green Tea Supplements, Lipovox, and Hydroxycut. I drank water more than anything and did minimal exercise.

But with a child, there is always unintended exercise.

~I'll let you know how week number 2 goes~



~~~
Have you read Dear Prudence?

This is just funny

Just overweight, thanks: Speaking of people asking if you're expecting a baby, is there way to say "no" that isn't awkward for them? It happened to me recently in a professional context, and I wasn't sure the best way to get past the moment.

Emily Yoffe: I think Dave Barry's rule is the best: Never ask a woman you're not sure is pregnant if she's pregnant, even if you notice a baby's head appears to be emerging from her. Yes, this is embarrassing for all concerned. So if you're the one being asked, you can laugh it off by saying, "I'm not. But if I were the fathers would be Ben & Jerry."




~~~
Power Colon Cleanse

Thank you for all the comments on this topic yesterday, I appreciate anything anyone has to say on this topic! I see a lot of people are interested to see how this is going to work for me. And I must say, I feel very anxious and frightened after hearing some related stories..But I still can't wait to see the outcome.

Now to address some comments...

STELLAandHODGE said...
"I'm assuming you read thru the fine print. but be really careful. I had a friend who ordered something similar where she only had to pay shipping and there was stuff in the fine print. It ended up her info was given to other companies and memberships were being charged to her credit card!Good luck though! hope it works :)"
~Stella and Hodge, I did read that print and all my information is supposed to be kept private.

The Great Ethan Allen said...
"I don't want to be the "king has no clothes one" kind of guy, but you must realize it is either just a laxative or extreeme high fiber drink. My mother was a hypocondriac and loved to talk about her bowels to anyone who would listen. That said, I'm now interrested to read how it affects you. Not in the " I can't wait to try it" sense, but rather " Ewwww, I knew that would happen and it DID!" sense. Like a tabloid you don't wantt o buy but find yourself reading in the checkout."
~Ethan Allen, haha! I don't plan on giving that kind of information to my readers. I am a lady! :)
I don't even burp, pass gas, or blow my nose in front of my hubby. My daughter thinks that Mommies don't have gas. hehe But I will give the best information I can without the "EWW" factor :)

VenetiaJewelry said...
"wow i think i'd be to scared to try this. you'd need to be locked in the bathroom for a week lol 15lbs in a month is really not healthy tho its recommended that you only lose 1 or 2lbs a week"
~VenitaJewelry, I've heard about the 1-2 lbs a week, but I've always been able to lose more than that...I'm very impatient I suppose. I am a SAHM, so I'll be very close to a bathroom at all times! lol

LeeAnne said...
"I ordered it a month ago and It's still not here! Fine print!!! they now charged my credit card $85.90. can't get ahold of anyone to cancel it!!! Good luck"
~LeeAnne, You have me worried! I am ashamed to say that I did not read the fine print before purchasing. How embarrassing on my part! I was too excited and trigger happy.. I did, however, read the fine print after reading your comment...
This is what I found in the Fine Print.
"When you order the risk-free trial of Power Cleanse your credit card will be charged only $5.95 shipping and handling. You will have a full 14 day free trial period from your original order date to decide if Power Cleanse is right for you. If you are enjoying Power Cleanse, then do nothing, and at the end of your 14 day trial period you will be charged seventy-nine dollars and ninety five cents for the trial bottle you received."
I must remember to cancel! And Thank YOU for pointing this out!
Customer Support Line:1-(519)-513-2218 Hope this helps :)

Carapace said...
"Even if it works, all they're advertising is a laxative! What a scam! You can get a magnesium solution for like a buck at the local grocery or pharmacy!And sure, I've used laxatives. They'll make you lose weight really quick..2 to five pounds, depending on your personal intestines...until you eat again. Understand, if you're clearing food out of your system before you're system's ready to let it go,you're going to start depriving yourself of nutrients. And you will be not only hungry, but literally starving, if you do it regularly, as your body goes into panic-it's-famine mode! Remember, laxatives are a medical tool-- you wouldn't drink Nyquil as part of a weight loss plan, right? Eat sensibly, drink water, you'll have much better luck.:) And run away from anyone offering to change your body faster than it wants to change."
~Carapace, I suppose I hope this one is special :) Colon Cleanses are very healthy and even recommended. So even if I don't lose weight, at least it's good for my colon.
~~~

Flush Out Tea - Colon Cleanse

sacredvibes


thelooseleaf

14 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! I've lost 50 pounds in the last two years and am soooo happy :D

    I did just normal cutting portions and exercise to start with and lost the last 20 pounds in the last few months from South Beach. I love that program!

    Good luck meeting your goal - I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats....I bet if you just stay off the sugar and cut your portions you'll have no need of pills or other stuff....good on you tho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow -congrats -you are doing great- thanks for all the advice!!Sugar is a big key for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! It's so hard to loose that baby weight. Cutting out sugar wouldn't be hard for me, don't eat that many "sweets". But drinking just water? Hmmmm. No coffee in the morning? Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations thats great! I also need to lose a couple lbs for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did a diet years ago called Sugar Busters. You cut out sugar and white foods. I lost 20lbs on it..but like all diets, you have to continue that lifestyle.

    Congrats. I'd like to know if you have attempted the colon cleanse yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss. I lost most of my baby weight breastfeeding, but as soon as I stopped, I seriously gained it all(plus some) back! I've been wanting to do one of those ten day cleanses, but I can't seem to think of a good week to go without food! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your weight loss, your plan seems to be working for you. Losing weight is so hard and takes so much will power. That's probably why I haven't lost all the weight that I want to, lol. Good luck on losing the rest of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats! and good luck with the cleanse. i personally think that they are really great for you- we have so much toxicity in our bodies that we don't even realize. i did a lemonade cleanse for ten days last year and although it was difficult, the results were amazing- very rejuvenating.
    doing a cleanse is so, so different from abusing laxatives but i feel that sometime people dismiss them anyway. my cleanse left me feeling energized and healthier- i'd love to do another one, but i'm afraid my love would be utterly lost if we didn't eat meals together, haha : ]

    ReplyDelete
  10. Being a person that goes the natural route/herbal/homeopathic I'm familiar with the colon cleanse. Sounds odd, but it is true about the toxins in our body - causes so much sickness!

    A big congrats on the weight loss! My hubby started loosing weight when he cut out his soda - he's since gone to diet soda, but trying to get him on water.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the weight loss! I am working on the same thing but I'm afraid my will power is often ... well ... more like mush. I love food.

    I'll let you inspire me.

    ~ Denise

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is awesome! I've lost 13 lbs in like 3 weeks, my diet is pretty similar to yours, I only drink water and every meal is based on chicken or fish and salad. It is working and I also have to lose 20 lbs. I wish you the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete