Sunday, May 10, 2009

Featured Etsian Artist~CreationCottage

Ends tonight at midnight (MTN)

Wow! This store is amazing! I was just randomly searching through Etsy for a gift idea and got so lucky as to stumble upon this shop!

I'm not sure what to say, I'm just stunned. Such fine detail each little piece. And the size, incredible! Some of these pieces are an inch tall and still have just as much detail as the Parthenon ;)

I'm in love with the "hey diddle diddle scene / porcelain sculpture" "This nursery rhyme scene fits perfectly into this repurposed jelly belly tin."
All the pieces are sculpted in porcelein clay and painted with china paint. The background was sculpted with sculpy clay and the landscape was painted with acrylic paint.
The dimensions are only 4 inches long and 2 1/2 inches tall. WOW

If only I had more money... These are just TOO cute!




Hi. My name is Chris (Christine). I mostly use the short version because I am always in a hurry.




I have been keen on creating things for as long as I can remember. What was once a hobby turned into a career when in 1984 I began selling my molded creations at arts and craft fairs. Around 1987 I found my niche in the world of miniatures, first working with bread dough and Fimo clay, and later moving on to porcelain. Since then I have been traveling, selling at home and internationally, and I have enjoyed every minute of it.






During my career in all things miniature I have continuously explored other potential areas of art, always picking up bits of treasure, in hopes of one day opening a shop. Now, with a little help from Etsy, I am ready to make my hopes a reality by creating and selling my mixed media designs on the Internet. Through this new outlet I hope to expand from my porcelain miniatures into a bold new world where I can bring the enormous amount of vivid ideas floating around in my head to reality.

3 comments:

  1. The cow jumping over the moon is my fave. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are adorable!! Wonderful shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, these are great!! I never realized you could get such nice detail out of porcelain clay. I use porcelain clay (not sure if it's the same stuff) for my masks, so that's pretty cool!:D

    Love the themes! I adore Nursery rhymes:D

    ReplyDelete