Thursday, April 16, 2009

Featured Etsian Artist~piccoladonna2006

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






I'm a 26 y.o. busy mom of 2 wonderful kids and I have this big passion for crochet that I'm trying to use to raise some money selling my "crocheted little things" as I like to call my works. I do not consider this like a job simply because I really enjoy crochet each and every piece!








I learned how to crochet when I was 9-10 from my mom who is a "doilie maker". It was something I liked to do during summer breaks, but never thought I could use it like I'm doing now!

I started crocheting during my second pregnancy, I got sick and I had to rest a lot for my little girl's sake so I needed something to keep my hand and mind busy while resting. Most of the works I did during that time are now for sale in my etsy shop. But so far never thought about selling anything, I was just having a lot of fun!






Last year my hubby was out of job and we needed to buy clothes for my children...somehow I had a couple of skeins of yarn and I created warm sweaters for them (I think I have a pic of my daughter wearing it). When we went out everybody was asking me where I found those sweaters....and orders came to me. I used to crochet gifts for family and friends and other orders arrived....then I tried to crochet some jewelry pieces and decided to try a craft show....it went pretty good and that's why I finally decided to seriously sell my works, even on line.








My inspiration comes from little daily things....the necessity of a warm garment, the willing of embellish my house...and so on.

3 comments:

  1. Is that a cupcake purse? So cool!

    Thanks for your comment...We had the boat on land, but just moved it into a slip for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for posting about my shop. :)

    And yes, that is a cupcake purse!

    ReplyDelete